Senior Catering Manager
7 days left
- Part Time
Due to our client undergoing a large scale transformation programme aimed at ‘Creating a better future’ this has opened up an exciting opportunity for a Mobile Senior Catering Manager! To be successful in this role you must have flair and good organisational skills with excellent benefits on offer for the right individual.
This role is a great opportunity for a talented Senior Catering Manager working within the local authority, which includes all aspects of food production, service & the managing of a very busy kitchen.
Our client is looking for somebody who has excellent communication skills and can hit the ground running.
Your main duties will consist of:
- To ensure the services are provided at the most efficient and economic levels and are operated Shire Services policies, procedures and standards.
- To assume responsibility for the control and operational management of catering outlets under Shire Services control on a relief basis as instructed by the Area Manager.
- To ensure that the catering services are of the highest standard, and to make recommendations to the Area Manager for improvements where appropriate.
- Organisation and supervision of staff and staffing levels.
- Menu planning, production, portion control and food ordering.
- Monitoring of cleaning materials and light equipment orders.
- Compliance control to procedures within kitchen area.
- Operational control of service points.
- Delivering a quality service.
- Ensuring Equipment is maintained and safe to use.
- To attend training courses and Cooks meeting.
- Developing and promoting the service as directed by the Area Catering team
- To uphold any financial control relating to budgets and banking procedure.
- To ensure any unresolved breaches of operation or behaviour are brought to the immediate attention of the Area team.
- To develop and maintain sound positive relations with all customers and clients.
- To record and manage the absence/attendance of all personnel for whom you are responsible and to ensure that each unit is adequately staffed at all times.
- Prepare quality food to policies and procedures and to service requirements
- Uphold financial control relating to food and labour and banking procedure.
- Maintain and monitor training records of al staff.
- An enhanced DBS check is required for school posts.
- Driving licence and car is a must
Salary:£10.13 - £11.11 per hour
Hours: 30 hours per week, Mon -Fri, Term time only, plus 3 cleaning days.
Location:Shire Services, Ideal House, Mill Street, DY11 6FB
Important: In order to apply for this position, please click the APPLY button to send in a copy of your CV. We will then email you a link to where you will be required to complete an online application form. Please note without the completed application form, you will NOT be considered for the role.
Apply for Senior Catering Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly