Mobile Chef - Local Council
Do you have previous experience as a chef? Are you looking to manage your own team? If the answer to both of these questions is yes, then our client is looking for you to come and join them as their next Mobile Cook in Charge.
Due to our client undergoing a large scale transformation programme aimed at ‘Creating a better future’ this has opened up a vacancy for a Mobile Chef/Manager! To be successful in this role you must have flair and good organisational skills with excellent benefits on offer.
The post holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the catering service at the site to which they are appointed. To ensure that the service is provided to the full satisfaction of the client and that all legislative and procedural arrangements are in place and effectively managed.
The post holderwill be:
- Responsible to the Area Supervisor who is in turn responsible for the post holder’s health and safety, training and development.
- Responsible and accountable for a team of up to 5 staff acting in a supervisory/managerial capacity, monitoring performance, supporting development and undertaking annual appraisals.
- Expected to contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved.
- Responsible for an approximate budget of £50,000 to £100,000 per annum and the effective maintenance of kitchen equipment and the kitchen environment.
- To ensure any unresolved breaches of food safety, hygiene or behaviour are brought to the immediate attention of the Area Manager.
- To develop and maintain sound positive relations with all customers.
The appointment is subject to receipt of the following pre-employment checks;
- Satisfactory employment references.
- Medical report.
- Evidence of the qualifications required for the post/listed on your application form.
- Driving Licence is a must
- 30 hours per week, Mon-Fri, Term time only plus
Salary: - £8.86 - £9.87 per hour
Location:Shire Services, Ideal House, Mill Street, DY11 6FB
Hours:30 hours per week, Mon-Fri, Term time only plus 3 cleaning days. Permanent.
Important: In order to apply for this position, please click the APPLY button to send in a copy of your CV. We will then email you a link to where you will be required to complete an online application form. Please note without the completed application form, your application will NOT be considered for the role.
Apply for Mobile Chef - Local Council
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly